Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, February 28, 2010

Rounding Off the Perfect Weekend

And because my computer is being difficult, you'll have to turn your head to see....but we hit the monster truck rally this afternoon. A perfect cap to a great sunny but chilly weekend here in Texas.

Princess was grinning ear to ear. If we aren't raising the perfect little redneck, I don't know what to call it! She was all about the trucks. It was great. So we got up so Dave and I could do school first thing this morning, then made church which was awesome. The kids just love the new church, finally we all agree on a church. We let the kids' have a huge say in our church choice as they really like their own individual kids' churches for their ages. Can't say I blame them, big church is so much better when kids are not present, but that is just my opinion. But after church my sweet peeps dropped me off to get my nails done while they hit up a local fair. Then after a quick grocery trip for food, we were off to the monster truck rally.

Which was awesome! Duchess decided that the motorcycle tricks were the best. So we noted that and realized that she is the one we'll have to watch around those wild and wooly boys that ride the cycles. She had that gleam in her eye that scared me and made me pray to the Lord that she didn't ask for one of her own at Christmas.


But we all had a great time. Even if the fumes were intense. Thank goodness Dave brought us all earplugs. God love that man!


Even if he does eat RAW OYSTERS. At dinner the other night I had to snap a picture of his appetizer. Thankfully I was envolved in my shrimp cocktail and was able to block out the slurping and sighs of contentment as he horked an entire bowl of these slippery nasty suckers.
So I'm in my pjs now and I'm off to eat me some grilled steak and watch "Over the Hedge" with my kiddos.
Hope your weekend was fabo!