Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, February 18, 2010

Party Time

Last night I submitted my taxes finally! Then woke up to the acceptance email from the IRS, wohoo baby. To celebrate I'm gonna take my heathens and go stand in line at the DMV to get my TEXAS tags. Oh the fun!

So how do you make two kids stand next to you patiently for 25 minutes? Make gumbo from scratch and have them "help" with the roux. They were fascinated with the roux process (mixing flour and oil to get the base for the gumbo) and were convinced that I was burning it, lol. But once we reached that magical color, we added in our veggies, then our liquids, then our seasonings, then we boiled it and served it over hot rice with garlic bread. It was a magical meal. They got the biggest kick out of it! It was even gluten-free.

What's even better than finishing my taxes? Finding my favorite shampoo and conditioner (Redkins) in large containers! I saved so much buying it that way and then putting smaller amounts in the travel containers for easy usage. That was a serious find for me! And wow makes my life look very trival huh?

So still no firm word on where our next assignment is. Frankly don't care. Beaumont is great and we love all that is Texas. The project here is still going so we're hoping to just enjoy our time here.

So off we go...........into the wild blue yonder, at the DMV we go.......