Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, July 14, 2008

As The Neighborhood Turns.......Again

This past week, The Man and I went to Lowes (my new favorite store, shocker cause they don't sell shoes) and we picked up some stuff for the house. Ideas for our deck, some trees to plant and the outdoor lighting that I couldn't live without.

Well it was while there that The Man's coworker walked up to us in the parking lot to chew the fat. Noticing my trees, baby trees that they are, he asked where we were gonna put those. I explained that it was my goal to put them between us and the neighbor I'm so fond of. And then miracle grow those farkers till they touch the sky. When he asked why I would ever do that....

Well I explained, because they're rednecks.......

He actually stopped and looked at me puzzled......

"But you guys are the biggest rednecks we know"

This is something coming from a guy in shorts, a tank top and boots with a massive farmers tan, standing in the shadow of his gas guzzler with a dog in the back.

"OHHHHH" he says, flashing a huge smile " They must be white trash, them white trashers are such a pain in the butt"

Wow, there are levels of rednecks now?