Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Friday, July 11, 2008

As The Neighborhood Turns....Episode 2

Why I need a fence......

We bought by neighborhood. Of all the houses, of all the choices, we picked the neighborhood first then went with a house. It worked for me. However, the next house I buy I will ask to go have dinner with each neighbor before I sign the papers. OMG.......

(You know it's bad when the redneck with pearls is going, OMG......)

Since we are on the corner of a T-bone street, we luckily don't have to deal with as many people as most on a daily basis.

The immediate next door neighbor is nice, quiet and both are teachers (well she is a principal and he is a counselor, can you even begin to imagine the talk that goes on in that house?) and we interact with smiles/waves/chitty chat often. Ok, I lie, The Man interacts with chitty chat, I'm the smiler/waver and go on about my businesser. Cause I get paid to be socialable and if I'm off the clock, it's so not your turn. I got sidetracked, sorry. So they have a son and have worked hard to settle into their house. Nice place, well fenced and all. They are already wanting to sale and move. Seems they don't like the renters in the neighborhood and they are sick of all the drama. Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat.

The neighbor behind me is quite a different story. She has four kids and is apparently a single mom, who has another woman living with her (a cousin?) to watch the kids while she works. Their trampoline is broken, her kids constantly bring full bedding in to the backyard to play with and leave it out there for the sprinklers to soak. The screen on her patio door has been run through and her kid called my kid a retard. Princess assures me through neighborhood gossip that the mom got a job in another town and they are hoping to move there soon..........OMG please let them move. Cause I have already kicked them out of my yard four times this week and I'm sooooooo not in the mood to deal with them.

You've already met the little man from down the street too, who we found out is a renter from West Virginia. The neighbors are on a quest to drive him from the hood. They alternate calling the HOA on them. Interesting.......really some of these people must have no hobbies or anything.

Soon I'll have across the street neighbors. Somebody bought and is doing their move in inspection this morning, The Man called me to fill me in. Cross your fingers, I pray that they are cool, have spiked colored hair, listen to alternative country and have 4x4's, oh and the lady of the manor wears pearls.........please let her wear pearls......

The rest of my neighborhood, you ask? Fabulous.........I'm still loving it mucho.

But I so need a backyard fence.