Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Hello Ooootah

So last week after having all my medical drama (my testing and what not) The Man decided that I needed a drive in the beautiful Oootah moutains to make it all better. Ooootah is how Duchess pronounces our new state's name. Cute huh? We snaked our way up the mountain, once we actually got into the area, I actually put my book down and in my drug induced haze, appreciated the sites, sounds and smells that only nature can produce.....

Our first stop was to get out and walk along a creek.....I tend to be very narrow minded in all my pursuits. So I was totally focused on getting as close as possible to the water for pics without actually getting wet.

Lucky for me, Duchess walked right up and screamed "Mom, don't move, snake...." while back pedaling and running for The Man. I stood there like an idiot until he motioned me back and then announced it harmless. Thanks, honey. Really.......

So the rest of MY trip was spent in the front seat of the truck. I'm a fast learner, what can I say.
I just love how unspoiled and beautiful the areas in the mountains are here. This could explain why The Man has completely embraced Oooootah while I'm holding out dreams of moving to Ireland or maybe back to San Diego.....hello beach! But since I'm outnumbered, I'm trying to love Oooootah, really I am.
It helps that my girls are so completely comfortable here. They love being outside, they are completely fearless, unlike their momma. They seriously wanted to cross this stream, cause "Momma, the gate is open", well sugar, so are the gates of hell and we surely don't want to go there. No. Now get in the car and somebody find the snake bite medicine in your dad's emergency kit. I'm sure it's there.......right next to the "momma needs her chocolate" emergency stash. I wish I was kidding.

But seriously, in the mountains up here, you can truly drive dang near to the top. The views alone are ALMOST worth the extremely bumpy ride getting up here. Thank you drugs. I felt little to nothing.
But man oh man. I wish I painted. Cause I'm seriously wondering if I could do this justice. The right side of my brain is yelling, no......... the left side is going "maybe it's that one thing you are just fabulous at......"
Then again, I forgot all about painting it when The Man started talking boats. I immediately went into NO NO NO status. No boat for you. NONE.
Did I mention that Duchess now dresses herself? Yeah, I take no blame for that. I'm encouraging her individualism....is that spelt right? I just know that she is totally thinking "if I only had a boat", she gets that from The Man.
But that quickly became......." I wish I had brought my bow " when this beauty was just wondering down the side of the road. Completely cool with us driving so close I could count the tattoos on it's butt..........wait, never mind........drugs.....it was the drugs, completely legal, doctor prescribed drugs.......

******Brad........I fixed it "I swear!" Delete me and then add me again to google reader. Cause I actually have myself on my reader page.....and it works. How self obsorbed is that?