Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th Baby, (kiss an ancestor day!)

Happy Independance Day, and happy "I'm finally sitting down with my feet up" day. Man, I have cooked for the past 12 hours. Then I surprised myself when I didn't want to eat......seriously stop laughting, I was sick of food in general at this point. I ate two bites of meat and she was a done.

I survived the party. My plan didn't work, these dang people are just so socialable. Plus my girlfriend's family showed up from Canada. Seriously they just popped in, with no warning. Been two years and she was just telling me she missed them and whammy door bell rang. I was happy cause that meant more hands to help cook. Even though I prepared most of my food last night and this morning. When I got there at noon, it was on. People were showing up at 4. Turns out, I was the chef's assistant/chef. My girl Cec, she loves to cook, but is still at the recipe followed closely point. Me, I throw stuff in a bowl. Bring it on.

I hate to lead off with a pic of me not looking my best at all, but The Man surprised me and managed to pick up the camera (yeah, I know, shocked me too) and took two pics. Of me.

That would be me in the whiter than paper legs and tan shorts. Rocking the I put my hair up wet look. Hot huh? Stop snickering, it's rude. But we were knee deep in cooking at this point.
My answer to The Man when I got stuck washing dishes, though honestly we went through six sinkfuls. That is not counting the dishwasher loads. Oh and this ain't my house, ya'll. This is Cec's house. She and hubs built and moved in last year. About seven miles from me, further out in the middle of nowhere. Great views and awesome breeze.
We had grumpy babies and happy moms. Flags.....Hi girlie!
We had tables/chairs, tents and grills. Can you tell where their property line ends? The Man just helped lay this grass a month ago, looking sharp huh?
Fush-ball tournaments in the front room, theis went on all day. Men become pre-teen boys all over again.

Oh we had food. I diced all the tater salad, but Cec did the mixing....That's my cherry surprise behind it, last minute addition. Festive corn chips, hello beautiful things you rock.
My veggies quasidillas, I constantly misspell this stupid word, but OMG these were so freaking good.
Crab stuffed cherry tomatoes, another last minute addition......I love you....really, I do.
We had badmitton, The girls were learning for the first time, so this went on for almost two hours before Duchess threw down her racket and left in protest, cause The Man was cheating cause he was taller.
Princess spent most of her day like this.........kids' gonna be a politician. Kissing babies and shaking hands.

Duchess pulled a Marilyn several times. And her mom, well she couldn't take it........no panties on display in my house!
This was her response to that. I'm a kill-joy, what can I say. Modest is hottest.......right? (I heard that from the guys at work, I didn't really find the humor in that until this post....hee hee)
The Man and coworkers then decided some exercise was in order. Can you spot the one guy who carried his beer on the court?
That was painful to watch. These men are all 30+ years old and just throwin themselves all over the ground. $10 says they are all sore tomorrow.
See? on the ground.......Great views huh? Cec built on the very back row of a new subdivision, hopefully it'll take 20 years for them to build up that view.
So we survived. My feet hurt, I'm sleepy, I have a 730 a.m. tee time (damn it) and I only got cornered once (not by The Man, by the one woman that I really don't do well with) and on that note, fireworks tomorrow folks. I'm beat..........
Happy 4th