Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Be Still My Heart!

The Man and I have been rowing this boat together for twelve years. Seriously, by now we truly know each other. Which is why it's so easy for him to light my fire. He is the only person on this earth that can make my happy perky self go from normal to "I'm gonna set you on fire" mad in 60 seconds. So the other night when we had one of our rare disagreements, well that was fine by me. Snotty looks and self righteousness work for me. (Don't judge, I'm being honest here, I do so enjoy me some self righteous moments)

It lasted two hours and then we went to bed, barely speaking without our feet touching. I hate that, I always sleep better when our feet are snuggling in bed. I vaguely remember him getting up when his alarm went off, as we have two alarms, set an hour apart. I also vaguely remember him leaning over my side of the bed, digging me out of the covers and giving me a hug and a kiss, telling me to have a nice day.

It wasn't until I was in the shower that the vaguely hit me. I turned and looked out my shower to my vanity. There sitting on my vanity is the first picture I ever took of The Man. It was our first time ever going anywhere together. He was 19, wearing his cowboy hat and laughing over something I'd said (cause he actually thinks I'm hysterical! Who knew such a person existed?) He wasn't just laughing, his eyes were twinkling and scrunched at the corners. I love that face.

I closed my eyes and rested my head against the shower wall and the smell of his aftershave hit me upside the head. Yep, he shaved that morning and the heat from the shower made it "The Man Sauna".

Argument over......

Damn I'm getting too easy in my old age. Years ago, I could have milked it for all it was worth.