Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, July 10, 2008

Settling in the Burbs

Of all the places I've lived, this is the strangest, not just because I'm the oddball either. This place is like heaven sometimes. Winter brings snow upon snow upon snow. Yet summer is relaxing, laid back and peaceful. I live in Pleasantville. Except I'm the naughty one in color.
So my Saturday morning golf fames are coming along, can you tell......hello sandtrap. I just enjoy trying cause it's obvious that my super secret hidden talent is NOT golf. I'm still waiting to find that one thing that I'm awesome at, you know......
Now this, this is my latest obsession. Since purchasing my very own house, I've set about decorating. I have alot of stuff but instead of hanging my precious memories first, I go and hang this first. It reminds me of home. The cajun design and symbols match alot of the stuff in my house. This beautiful piece of iron artwork was my weakness. We passed it in a store and The Man couldn't envision it in my house. Lucky for me, my girlfriend works near the store and after we got home I placed a sneaky call. Pick it up, I have to have it. Seriously the thing wouldn't fit in my trunk but I got it home from her house one afternoon. The Man hung it and then admitted that it fit perfectly.
Mental note to self..........homeowners should remember to turn off sprinklers on rain days. Some idiot left theirs running all day in the downpoor. And they need to trim their grass. I noticed all of this the other day, then promptly ran inside the garage to turn off the sprinklers and write a reminder that we had to cut our grass. This homeowning thing is alot of work, but luckily I'm OCD so I can keep us on task. (just gotta remember to turn my sprinkers back on, dang just realized they've been off for two days!)

Say a prayer for The Man, he's finishing his EMT class for work today, go Man go........who also gets a sweet little golf clap for getting a B+ on his midterm in his Humanities through the Arts class. Poor guy is just having a tough time with this touchy feely class.