Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Home Improvements.....the beginning

So The Man wouldn't let me plant my little trees between us and the neighbors, said it would be all out war, not to mention rude. So we decided to plant them on the side of our house where they'll be our noise and sun break eventually.
Being the utter miser that I am, I got me some cute little tree/shrubs that were on sale. You can't beat $4.95 a piece. Yes I wanted the spiral shrubs but those barstards were $69 a piece. Wrong.
This is the veiw of the neighbors house, AFTER they cleaned up their backyard. Crossing my heart, I can't wait till they move. Oh if only they would move.
I love this face, it's the why are you taking my picture and sitting in the grass while I work face. This face and me, we go waaaaay back. It's also the face I get when I tell him I heard a thunk under my hood of the car, or that the toliet is not working......you get the idea. Hello cute face.
Royalty came out to help. Duchess decided to grace him with her presence. She wanted to be the water girl, and literally drove him insane asking if it was time to bathe the new trees. But she did manage to finally bring him the correct pair of shoes for the job.

Princess was off doing her thing. Riding the streets with a friend. This is her idea of quality family time now. Parents are so not cool. She even refuses to say I love you on the phone now too. The Man has this thing about ending every phone call with me or the kids with an I love you. And he'll patiently wait for your response. She refuses to cause she's too cool now. Drives him batty plus I think it hurts his little feelings too.
Duchess took three trips to get the correct shoes for The Man to accomplish this little dig of ours. Bless her heart, such a trooper. You know she is totally doing a mental vent right now.
The one thing I accomplished before I had a sit down, was putting up our ADT sign. Cause it's only fair to warn people that we now live in fort knox. Plus if you look very very very hard, you'll see my solar paneled outdoor lighting. I used four but I think I'm gonna go and get another box of them. They match my roof, cause we're all about fashion here.
Ahhh, she finally got to water......notice the tree hugger shirt and not matching skirt. Duchess dresses herself now and it's really interesting to see what she'll come out of her room wearing on any given day.
Better picture of my new lighting. Ohhhh so pretty.....plus I added some darker mulch. I just love my yard. Turns out the reason mine is sooooooo much prettier than everyone else is that I water every day, several times a day. And it turns out our town in on water rations so I'm suppose to water only three days a week, twice.......opps.......