Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, July 31, 2008

Puke & Rally

Today was a normal cram filled work day but since I forgot my lunch I made plans to run home to heat up a GF freezer dinner. Yep, they make those. Expensive but hey if you have to spend your kids' college fund to have some quick food in the house, so be it. When The Man and I stocked up last week, we included three such freezer dinners for just such an occassion.

Turns out, The Man and Princess had just arrived home so they pulled me out one and had it ready by the time I got there. They'd left at 330 this morning to go deer scouting in the woods some 45 minutes from our house. Fun times, glad they let me and Duchess sleep in. Snore.

Anyway, so while curled up on the couch listening to their adventures in scouting and learning to spit sunflower seeds, I ate my lunch.

It was the worst tasting crap I've ever eaten in my life.

After three bites, I mentioned to The Man that it was terrible and after eating the chicken out of it, I was gonna have a quick salad. Cause I live on salads. I wish that were a joke. No. It's not.
The Man grinned (yawning the whole time, cause he was sleep lacking) and pointed out that it wasn't chicken.

Excuse me? Not chicken? Than what the Fark is it?

The box says and I quote "Organic tofu rice bowl"

HOLY CRAP!

It shouldn't surprise you that I gagged and spit the entire contents of my mouth back into the bowl right in front of them both. Then made my way to a salad.

I turned around and The Man is chewing thoughtfully. OMG

What are you eating?

"I wanted to see if it's as bad as you said it was"

I sent him straight to bed, but I'm pretty sure he brushed his teeth first.