Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Friday, July 18, 2008

The Things I do For Him

After twelve plus years, I should know to start praying as soon as the words "I have an idea" leaves The Man's mouth.......oh no......I always fall for the bait....... He took us 4x4-ing in the canyon right behind our house. Seriously, of all eighteen hundred pics I took, these are the best of the bunch.....sad huh? I really should take photography lessons. So we started out on this lovely little stretch of dirt that literally leads right out the back of my subdivision........cause I live in the boonies y'all.
Can you see the slight trail as it bobs and weaves up in front of us......yeah, at this point, I'm yelling for the kids to double check their seat belts and grab the "oh crap" bar above their heads.....cause sure enough......
After this little hump, the jeep went totally airborne and then went straight nose down on the path. There is truth in the fact that your life passes before your eyes, all I could think was......I didn't buy those red shoes and I should have......even though I hate red.
We leveled out and about a mile later I could see clear enough through the dirt to find a pond up there in the middle of nowhere. The Man has plans of stalking this pond for deer. Good luck to him, I'll be at home painting my toes and reading.
This is what the future held. Turns out other nuts with 4x4's love to come up here often. The Man swears there will be a return visit.

Afterwards, I went and bought those damn red shoes.

The things we do for our men.