Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, July 3, 2008

I (heart) the 4th....

I just love the 4th. I love it so much that I'm not gonna gripe cause we're spending it with The Man's coworkers. In fact, I'm turning over a new leaf. I'm branching out, putting myself out there.........I volunteered to do alot of cooking for the shindig.

Here's why:

1. If I look busy, no one will bother to engage me in any conversation other than "Hey, how are you", in which a nod will suffice.

2. If I am truly busy, then I'll look even busier. See #1

3. If I'm cooking, then I know I won't die of food poision. Alot of the wives, they do not do the whole cooking thing well.

4. If I'm cooking, I can pass the children off to their father to "supervise" while he is yucking it up with the boys around the grill.......

5. See #4, if I have break time, I can hide in the pantry with my book and ignore everyone.

I'm going to have a wonderful time tomorrow, really I'm quite excited. Since I tend to be quite OCD, I've planned my menu and made my cooking schedule. Come on over, they are making BBQ and a few sides, while I'm preparing....

Summer Green Beans - roasted in olive oil with peppers, yum.....
Antipasta Salad - oh be still my heart, it looks so hard and so professional and it's just SIMPLE
Stuffed Mushrooms - cause this is my signature dish, and it gets requested, pretty cool
Veggie quesadillas - cause dang, those bad boys are freaking awesome........
Smash cake - half brownie-ish, half cookie-ish, be still my heart.....

So what are you making?