Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Prepping for Roadtrip

Lousie-nanna here I come. We leave tonight to head back to my old stomping grounds to stay with my pearl-wearing-nanny for the Thanksgiving holiday. I'm so looking forward to cooking with my aunts and hanging with my cousins. Good times they are acoming......and if you know anything about myside of the family, you know there will be a ton of good pics, snort! Cause we b crazy.

So today is shaping up to be much better than yesterday. All day yesterday I had a sharp pain in my tummy, damn contamination. By evening, I was walking hunched over holding it, like I was 112. Luckily I woke up and so far, sweet Jesus, there is no pain. Thank you!!!!!

I have big goals today.

I've already knocked quite a bit off my schedule too:

Arranged/double check Murphy's boarding: done

Clean my bedroom and gather up all the dirty clothes of Dave's that lay where they fall: done

Start laundry: done

Water flowers/take out trash: done

Wake up children: done

Get children started on rest of chores: done

Clean bathrooms/scrub tubs, toilets and sinks: done

Start homework for next week: done

Now to get the rest done:

I have to cook some stuff, bake some bread, clean the kitchen, clean out the truck and get it ready for the trip, pack our bags, made dinner, and finally have house in sparkling condition cause who really likes to come home from a trip to a dirty, nasty house. Um, not me.

We leave tonight at around 9, driving in through the night so the children sleep. Tomorrow we are cooking and hanging out then Friday is the big Turkey day with the fam. So excited. Love hanging out with the people in this world who are most like me.

Only wish my momma would be there...........sigh.......