Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, November 8, 2010

Foot in Mouth

Oh boy, I did it this morning. Lucky for me he thinks I'm cute.

This morning, I had a few errands to run and he wanted to come along. Poor guy. So off we go to the primary school for some PTA errands to get ready for VET's day Thursday. We went in and met with Duchess' class. Dave gave a short talk on Vets and the history of a salute. Then we put each little one in front of a red background and took their picture in one of the four military hats I had, one representing each of the branches of service. So stinking cute. We're going to use them to decorate the door for the Vet parade that will be going through. Each little stinker was saluting properly in their picture. Oh so perfect.

He then helped me rein in a couple of the boys that were so freaking crazy out of control, by reminding them that he outranked them and SIT DOWN. We then went through what outranking meant. He turned the kids over to the teacher with the comment that she'd explain what food chain meant, lol. He ran out of explainations.

But while we were in the school workroom in front of the other pta mom's, I called him "studly mcmuffin" and there was silence.........awkward. Took me a few minutes to realize what'd I done. Opps. He sweetly whispered that if I did that again, he'd rip my spleen out, giggle. Bless his heart, I think I embarrassed him.

But that's okay cause after we left, I got a text from the teacher that it took 15 minutes to explain what a foodchain was, lol.