Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, November 21, 2010

Overview: the usual Griswald weekend

I know you're just dying to know how the rest of my weekend went......... snicker, right. But here we go. I'm confident that we are now on top of the LICE (gag) issue. This is only the portion of goodies left on my counter. Ummm the masks are for the sick person (me) who can't smell anything BUT this crap apparently. So far, thankfully the rest of the house is in the clear.


Our Christmas boxes were delievered. We had such a wonderful time with this project. We are going to do it yearly! We jollied it up this year each packing two boxes, one boy/one girl but choosing different age groups. Total out the door cost for giving 8 kids a Christmas plus the shipping/donation of $7/box came to $150. We just got the kids on board and carved it out of the Christmas budget.

We even let the kids' wrap them, hence the AWESOME wrap job, lol.

Lined up like little blurry soilders

Hello Santa's little helper!

And since we had Duchess under treatment, we also had her under a ski cap. And that made her feel bad, so Princess came up with a solution. She and I dug out some of daddy's work bandanas and made do-rags.

And Murphy didn't help at all, but he looks so cute in his "usual" spot napping.

While I was making dinner the other night, Princess jumped in and made some GF garlic biscuits to go with dinner. I love love love how this kid really jumps in and helps out. I also love how confident she has gotten in the kitchen; she does everything from scratch and all by herself. I no longer sit by with the first aid kit, fire extingusher, and 911 dialed in and ready to push talk. Whew!

They were perfection! Not bad for GF!

Otherwise, Princess did have kinda an interesting day. She got busted lying to her daddy over something simple: Did you read for 30 minutes today? Yeah, she blew it on that one. So she had to get up early and mow the yard, water the flowerbeds, water the roses, weed every flowerbed and rose bush, bathe the dog and then she's had to clean the kitchen after me all day. And since I've baked most of the day, that's about 4 times. :)

When asked if she wanted to go with daddy to drop the boxes off, she said no I'm too tired. Then she complained that her back hurt. Snicker.

So I asked her what she learned from her day...

"Lying is painful"

Amen sister!

Now I'm going to be brilliant and write a paper.