Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Saturday, November 20, 2010

ClusterF$@! Day

Thank the sweet plastic baby Jesus on the dashboard that yesterday is finally over.

The olive oil treatment was rocking. (ummm not to be used on colored hair please, this is my nicey public announcement for the year) The kids' hair is so stinking soft and glossy. Totally run way worthy. While rinsing her hair I noticed that my 7 year old has beautiful, healthy ASS length hair. Wow, didn't realize it was that long as we are the house of simple ponytails. We b real classy like that, plus I never learned how to fix hair so there you go.

Then we did another comb through and she is looking dang good for 24 hours into this. Except, while trying to wash all bedding in HOT HOT HOT water and keep all that going continually we got behind on house upkeep. There are snot rags EVERYWHERE (side note: murphy loves tissues, he eats them like I eat cotton candy, just letting them stick on his tongue and disolve....hummmm wonder if he'll catch my plague now). Medicine and LICE (gag) fighting crap is spread all over the place. The kitchen is trashed, the livingroom is trashed, the bathrooms are all trashed. And......... Dave walks in the door. Crap, I forgot that the man actually gets off at 330 on Fridays. And boy have I really upped my game lately cause he is used to coming home to a well kept, pretty, clean house where food is ready and homework is done and kids are happily playing.....yeah. He walked into "Momma's House" and went into a shocky coma of sorts. Then he turned drill sargent making kids get up from Hannah (gasp) and clean while he helped me with laundry. 10 minutes of this and he announced he was taking us out to dinner (awwww love him) but then Duchess burst into tears. She didn't want to go out in public with a ski hat on because of LICE (gag). So he decided to bring home dinner to us all.

Best of all, since Princess is going to be 12 next month we made a huge step. We left her in charge of both of themselves and I went with Dave to check out the vet's new boarding place down the street and to grab bbq. We were less than a mile from the house at all times but it was so nice to just talk with him and catch up. We came home and the kids were happy, not fighting and proud of themselves. Holy crap, what a huge blessing!!!!!

I have never been so dang tired. Dave and I passed out into a coma at 10 pm and I'm pretty sure he hit snooze a million times this morning before he got up and finally left for a Saturday workday. My lazy butt slept till 7.

While I sit here typing this, the children are wrapped up in do-rags after washing their hair and putting the LICE (gag) shield crap in their hair. So they all smell like a weird combo of crude oil and old lady. Oh and did I mentioned they are currently doing sing alongs with a disc I made them on the tv, Bleeding Love, Beyonce, Who Let the Dogs Out (murphy hates this song, btw), some Jordan Sparks and because I'm a freak some Joan Jett (am I the only feminist left peeps?). The house is rocking so don't come come aknocking. Next up is the 50's cd, woohoo baby.

Now these kids are sending me up to the store for batteries, game controllers are dead. Then we have to clean this house, do more laundry, paint our toenails, have some more karoake time, and we're baking some GF muffins. Yum. I'm seriously trying to get in good graces around here, lol.

Upcoming this weekend, we are packing and wrapping our Christmas shoeboxes for dropping off Sunday. We are planning for our Thanksgiving trip to Lousiana to see my family and trying to get our Christmas planning mapped out.

It's no wonder I'm mentally fizzed.

But I love it.