Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Dog Chains? Really?

So Dave came home from work and walked in about 10 minutes earlier than usual. Traffic must have been light. And as usual, dinner was due out of the oven in 10 minutes. So no hot steaming plate, but hey I was close.

So while the meatloaf was getting that special sweet glaze, Dave helped me take the trash out for the trash peeps tomorrow. And was giving a little grief over dinner not being ready, damn I've spoiled that man.

So he asks if he's ever told me the story his buddy shared with him about when he met his wives grandmother for the first time. She told him that whenever she didn't have a hot dinner on the table when her man came in out of the fields, he'd beat her with a dog chain.

I raised an eyebrow and waited for him to say something. He said, I laugh not cause a woman got hit, but because it sounds like it happened more than once.

He said and I quote: "If someone beat me with a dog chain, it'd only take once to learn that lesson forever"

All I said was:

That's good to know.

I think it took him a minute to get it, lol.

Now where do I pick up some dog chains?

Giggle