Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, March 27, 2008

Universal Appeal

Last night we got off our butts and went to church. We were thrilled to find a regular Christian church in our area that we overlooked so off we went for Easter service. While the girls and I had a blast, The Man had to work and missed it, so tonight we loaded up to take the kids to dinner and then enjoy the Wednesday night service.

So off we went, we allowed Duchess to pick the food place, so of course we went to Applebees.

Now there is something you should know, in college I was once a waitress, and since then I don't get along with servers. It just never happens. I am a target for poor service.

So you can imagine my surprise when we get seated and our waitress takes our drink orders...where I find out there do not carry Coke or Dr. Pepper, hello houston we have a problem. I seriously told the kids to get in the truck, but the waitress starts listing off all these drinks and I jump on the pina colada lemonaide. I love the taste........yum. Then I thought aloud how I'd never tried any of the wild lemonaide flavors.

So it was quite the surprise when our drinks came and there were five for me. All different flavors of lemonaide, to try. The kids really dug the mango. But I commented how mine would be amazing over crushed ice, ummmmmmmmm here comes another drink over crushed ice.

Then I ordered Duchess' burger and asked for onion on the side and a knife, so I could cut the onions into little "McDonald like" baby onions. Her meal came with a side of finely diced onions. Holy moly.

When the bill came, my five drinks weren't on there, neither was my salad. In fact, the entire bill was way cheap, so I left a huge tip. As we were leaving the restuarant, our waitress about killed herself to bring me a to-go cup with pina colada lemonaide over crushed ice.

Once in the car, I was marveling over the awesome service as we headed to church.

When The Man just busted out laughing and said I had universal appeal cause that waitress had tougher shoes on than he did.

I'm glad I left a nice big ole tip, manly shoes or not.