Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Plague is Back

The dirty nasty plague is back. I feel like Dave backed his truck over me, twice. Now in addition to feeling horrible, I now have medicine head. Which makes me loopy. Poor family of mine.

My filter doesn't work in these conditions:

In the bathroom at church, I thought the joint was empty as we were late and I had just closed the door when my kid farted really loud, so I did what every mother would do, I yelled "Princess, manners please". Her response: "Was so not me mom". Farter's response: "Excuse me". OMGAWD.

In the truck on the way home from church hashing over Princess getting her butt in serious trouble yesterday and the resulting grounding this week, she made the comment that she didn't want a spanking that she was too old. My response: "Yep, but not too old for a slap across the mouth". Silence. Too honest?

So I came home and put my butt to bed for a big ole nap. And since Dave is a team player, he climbed in and snuggled up to take one with me. Yum. I just love snuggling, especially since it's all the time. No more lonely for me, gonna be a great holidays.

So these people want me to cook now, so plague invested food is underway. Working on a new stuffing recipe in anticipation of Thanksgiving, woo to the hoo. Maybe the germs will burn off in the baking process