Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Friday, November 5, 2010

Be Careful What I Wish For

I really gotta be careful with my prayers. Although I really wish I had the sense of humor to go with my blessings.

I got up this morning and lost my mind. Winter has officially come to South East Texas. Good grief, I got up to colder than a witches you know what outside, but after taking Murphy out for a quick tinkle and literally drug him back inside cause I was freezing. That's when I realized it was colder in the house than outside. Shit! This is a problem. I'm already always cold anyway, dang anemia. The heater was on and running but it was below 60 in my house.

I could see my freaking breath. I was like Puff the Cranky Dragon. So I did what any good mom would do. I clicked on the girls' bathroom heater, drug them from their beds at 555 am and tossed them into the bathroom with a picnic breakfast and their school clothes. The ran them out of the house just as the bus was pulling up. Getting them on the bus was seriously like herding wet cats but I managed.

My poor landlord (you know I ain't buying again till we sell in Utah and finally pick a place to stay forever....cause we b pikeys) was having a rough week so I volunteered to attempt to figure out the problem via phone. I climbed into the attic (without falling off the attic ladder this time!!!!!) and flipped switches on the furnace thingy, I checked breakers and using a butter knife repeatitively smacking the thermostat..... nothing. Shit.

And the reason he couldn't get an AC/Heat person to call him back?

Ummmmm it's opening day of deer season....... in south east Texas. Hell, I'm pretty sure some of the locals drug themselves out of a hospital bed to strap on the camo. It's a pretty big deal here.

Finally, we got a guy out here... took him 11 minutes to go from truck to house door though cause he was old and creaky like my Great Aunt Hazel's rocker. But he fixed the heat, woohoo.

And now it's Miami in this b*tch.

So really, remember to be careful what you pray for........... good grief, I'm gonna have to sleep in my bikini.... snort, right like I own one.

Excuse me, I gotta put more sunscreen on the kids.