Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, November 1, 2010

What Every Girl Needs:

Everyone should shack up in a hotel room with their man..... but since I'm a little different, I had luggage, I mean kids and luggage ;).

 Dave finished his assignment in Northern Oklahoma and was on his way home when he got a call. He needed to reroute and head to North Dakota (poor baby is gonna get freaking cold). So after we headed off to treat and play games at the church with some of Princess's friends/parents we all met up at my house to regroup for a trip to the local Haunted Barn.
 Except my phone rang. And he said, get rid of everyone and pack your bags. I got a hotel room in Dallas, be there or be square. And we ain't square in this family peeps. (okay, I'm square normally, but he really brings out the outlaw in me) So we got rid of everyone (they were so cool about it, told me to go to my man) and we packed our crap. Dropped Murphy off at the plush amazingly cool doggie daycare place on our run through Houston and headed North to THE BIG D.
 The best part of our entire trip was getting there an hour ahead of him. We had this amazing room with a parent's suite which gave us our own bedroom and the kids in their own area, HELLO mommy was so on board with that. But seriously, we dropped our bags and ran to the indoor pool. Which means Dave gets there and had to work hard to convince the sweet old man at the front desk to give him our room number and room key. Ummmm the room was in HIS name too, hysterical. Sweet old man was convinced that he was protecting me and the girls, lol. Nice to know he was trying to keep that hot studmuffin out of my room, but really. So finally instead of calling to say he was here, he burst into the poolhouse making my day. The room just lights up when he pops in smiling. Sigh.........
We watched tv, pillow fought all over the place, ate dinner together like a normal family, and just really enjoyed our 24 hours together. I got to snuggle finally and since he's used to close quarters didn't even get mad when I hogged the entire bed, woohoo.

Although in my rush out the door, I forgot my jewelry. The ever-present pearl earrings and my wedding rings. Opps. His response was at dinner when he threatened to loudly tell the hostess to seat us in the back corner since he wasn't there with his wife and he was quite known in this area of town. The turd, luckily we had kids so he couldn't majorly embarrass my arse. I might not get so lucky next time. He's gonna end up tattoo-ing those damn rings to my forehead. Although after 14 years, I'm pretty sure they are already tattoo-ed somewhere up there.....

So then he packed me into my car, and I cried all the way to the Dallas city limits sign.

I'm such a pansy.