Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Saturday, November 20, 2010

Fork Me- I'm Done

I'm sitting here listening to the gentle swish of the dishwasher and ............ nothing else. Finally. Everyone is in bed, even the Murphy. Busy day and finally a little mommy time. Plus I get to sleep late in the morning and I know Dave'll run interferance with them heathens we are raising.

Firstly, Duchess is 99% LICE (gag) and nit (ewww) free. Her hair is gloriously shiny too to boot. I did a run through this evening and found NOTHING. But I'll continue with my little regimine for another two days to be sure and then in 7 days rinse/repeat to make sure sure sure that I've cold heartedly murdered all those nasty little bastards. Yes Your Honor, I meant to kill them and kill them good. Throw the book at me. Just make sure it's the early release of JR Ward's next Black Dagger Brotherhood book, yum.

So we got so much accomplished today it made my head swim. I got 12 loads of laundry done (having to rewash everyones bedding daily sux dude). I baked and then turned out a beautiful roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, deviled eggs and corn on the cob for dinner. And I cleaned the kitchen, where's my medal?

Side note: mastered the best GF recipe yet. Homemade from scratch blueberry muffins. OMG they are so stinking yummy. I just ate two while typing the first part of this post :) Those are going on repeat in this house! Plus when Dave walked in from work, they were fresh from the oven and the house smelled like blueberries.....am I good or what?

I cleaned rooms, mopped entire house (hardwood floors rock dude, no carpets!).

I did some school. Biological v. Psychological theories in criminal behaviors. FUN! (not)

We watched a million DVR-ed episodes of House Hunters cause I'm totally addicted to HGTV now.

I planned and started prep work on Princess's bday party. Got to get on Duchess's next.

I finalized Thanksgiving food plans with the fam.

I finalized Christmas plans. We're going to the lake!!!! Oklahoma here we come.

I nailed down the rest of the Christmas shopping I need to do.

I took a call from Dave in the middle of my day and then ran his errands. Try finding a pocket sized bible in a town where the only Christan store is next to the mall and on a Saturday. I cheated and went directly to Barnes and Nobles. Now he'll have his bible to read on his break, right there in his pocket!

I visited Sanicka's house........... oops, that is what we call Sonic. Thanks Uncle Roy, I'll forever call it Sanicka's now.

We wrapped, stuffed, prayed over and labeled our Christmas Shoeboxes. They are ready for dropoff tomorrow. We're doing the tracking option this year so hopefully we'll get emails telling us where our boxes ended up! The kids really were all into this and I love how much love and focus they are giving to the true meaning of Christmas. Can't be raising some me me me grubby whatcha gonna get me kids now can I?

Then we topped it all off with the OU v. Baylor game. Good game, Go OU!

And now I sit here, I'm so humbled by my family. I truly love what an amazing little family the Lord has blessed Dave and I with. Life is good. It's also messy, complicated, frustrating and at times very Griswald-ed, but it's good.

And now I'm crawling into the tub.

Nite y'all