Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Friday, June 6, 2008

Horrifying Moment #12 for this Week

I'm not sure about you but I have the disturbing tendancy to embarrass myself. Alot. So twice today I've managed to stick my foot right into my mouth. I have no shame, but at least I can laugh at myself.

First off came during work, when a friend sent me this. I had to take it, even though I generally don't take the time to complete quizes. But I really needed to know what my biggest sin problem was. Turns out, it's "Wrath" that will be my downfall........damn, should have known that. Except after taking it, I turned to my cubbie mates (both upstanding young Mormon men) and proceeded to ask them if they thought I was capable of pure wrath. There wasn't even a pause in their breathing before they both yelled yes. Well fine, see if I bake you anymore cookies. Huh....then I took the next quiz, well because I could.......Dante's Inferno, okay don't take that quiz, it'll just piss you off, lol. But it was the last quiz, Personality Disorder that sealed my fate. Turns out I'm -------- wait for it ---------- Obsessive Compulsive, like I really needed a test to tell me this. But I was really hoping for more insight than that. So in my musing, I announced to the room, "Great, I'm a tight arse control freak with a jonesing for pure evil retribution. "

You know it's very rude when noone disagrees with you and instead all get up and leave the room. I just make people uncomfortable.........dang. Guess I'll be making them cookies next week.

Insert big dramatic sigh here........

But the cherry on top came earlier tonight. I was anxiously awaiting word from our banker to find out what our new house appraised at..........I was dying to know. I only called him ONCE today, do you have any idea of the amount of control that took (read above, I'm OCD). So I took the phone and decided to meditate when I got home from work.

I.E. I took a bath.

So I'm relaxed and enjoying the tub full of bubbles, ignoring The Man when he came in to take a peek, the perv and sat reading my book and admiring my new glitter toe nails. With the phone next to my head of course.

When that farker rang, I about downed.

I quickly picked up and did the whole, uh-huh, uh-huh and OMG seriously, awesome.......thing.

Then it got really quiet on the other end of the phone.....he then said.....

"Um did I catch you at a bad time?"

Oh sh*t, I'm sloshing water around and gesturing with my hands and making alot of water noises.

"Oh no, I'm just washing dishes. Perfect timing........"

Then my kid burst in the room to announce, "Mom did you just poot in the tub, I heard it downstairs!!!!!!?"

Arghhhhhhhhhhh, great, the sound of my heels moving along the bottom of the tub makes the same echo noise as passing gas in the tub, Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat.

Opps, dropped that darn call..............so do you think its possible to avoid meeting up with said banker at the closing table this coming week?

Oh Lord, please tell me that I can send a proxy to the closing table..............

Sorry for the delicate subject, but hey we keep it real laid back over here.......