Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, August 18, 2013

Fancy smancy

 So this summer I have spent a lot of time in nice hotel rooms. I got inspired. And since we're settling in some here in Montucky.... well I've been doing some updating on the décor and house. First up, the Master Bedroom. Did this for less than $20. The only thing new was the curtains which I bought while in the big city school shopping at a Ross like store for $8 each then the rods were $2 each. Done. The rest was repurposed shit I already owned. Like the gorgeous painting in the middle which is indeed a painting that I did in Texas at one of those painting party places. Viva la wine!
 
My version.....
 
 
 Pinterest version which inspired my version. By the way... Ummm anyone else notice I had 69% battery on my phone when I screenshot this, bahahahaha pervy. Sorry.
 
 
 
All in all, I love! Best part.... ready for it... there is only one window on that wall. Yep. One and I'm not telling which side, lol. Seriously old home which has been given new life but they left all the odd window placements. Hate that. So even though Dave was thoroughly confused hanging a curtain for a window that didn't exist.... it really makes the room! I love it. I'm sitting snuggled in my bed, enjoying it right now.
 
Tomorrow, the rest of the room!
 
Follow along.........I'm getting the lead out and getting off my arse!