Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Air is Fresher Here

I forgot how much I love the lake. It's so relaxing here, no shopping, no rushing around, no eatting out, no bs. It's very laidback and lowkey. I haven't seen the kids or Dave frown for days now. We made a trip into Jay today to hit the Walmart (thanks mom for the walmart atlas, it was perfect) and got a few things for our trip to Texas, mainly me a real work coat. Thick, warm and bought in a small from the men's department I fit right in with everyone else plus I'm warm. Matches my boots, hot stuff baby.


This morning I slept in and then started my day properly by falling down the stairs. Other than a slight limp my right leg will eventually get better, I'm a complete dork. Dave moves fast, but other than grab me and carry me down the rest of the stairs, he didn't even stop in his telling of a story to his dad. I guess he's used to me by now.

Dave also managed to scare the living crap out of me this morning. I should have seen this one coming. Down from the lake house is the bigest blind dip I've ever seen in a highway. You don't see it coming, there is no sign, but once you go over the lip, it's straight down and then a small dip and straight up. Of course I was talking with my hands and laughing and the evil clown didn't say a word, just floored the truck and grinned as he went flying over the lip. I haven't screamed that loud and long in quite some time. Then we agreed to bring our kids back for that ride after lunch. I'll be watching for it and holding onto the "oh shit bar".

My girls were so awesome visiting everyone yesterday but the highlite was the Uncle Jose visit to the firestation. Dave took the new chief hunting when he was in Texas so the chief showed up to see us too, that was fun. It was a great 3 hour visit capped off with all of us (me riding shotgun) riding the firetruck around the block with the sirens blaring and the radio headsets crackling. I took lots of pics and we asked alot of questions. The kids really made me proud by asking alot of science related questions.

Tomorrow we leave for OKC to visit more family and catch up with a girlfriend I haven't seen in years. Looking forward to it. Saturday will see us up early and heading to Beaumont, Texas to move into our new "house".

Have I mentioned that our new "house" is a 30 ft pull trailer that will follow Dave from job to job for the next year?