Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, March 19, 2012

I'll Be That Parent

So my sweet eldest is learning the joys of middle school.... the drama little girls stir up. It's not just in Texas, it's a fact of life everywhere. People watch your kids and get up in their life... do not turn over control to a teen! I'm so far up her tush, that seriously it'll be years before I'm ever her friend and not her pain in the ass mom. But that is okay, means I'm doing my job.

And tonight, after wasting my breath, reassuring her that she can just be an individual and stand apart from the drama her little friends and their groups stir up.... I just reminded her that if it gets to the point where she has to make a stand, well I'd pick her up from school and take her for an ice cream if it got too bad. Cause I distinctly remember being sent home from school once in the midst of such drama where I finally told several people to "f*ck off" at the top of my lungs. My momma didn't lecture, just scooped me up some ice cream and poured coke over the top, then joined me.

Life is too short to conform.

F*ck'em.