Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Saturday, January 5, 2013

I heart him, but for realz

I'm exhausted. I had school due tonight.... two classes worth. But as I got so rudely woke up and compromised this morning by my dearest man.... he suggested that we jump in the truck and run to see his new potential office. It's an hour and half away. Yeah, he's opening another location of his branch here. So he's gonna be so dang busy but he's thrilled. It's a Dave thing. He cracks me up. Anyway, he found a location and met with the peeps yesterday but forgot to take pics for the board so we were off to see it again. What should have been a wham bam was instead an all damn day trip. Bless his heart. I'm exhausted. But his new place has a ton of parking room for his equipment and guys and a nicer office than the one he is in now. So it works and he is looking forward to getting it going.

And since we were in a town that has HELLO... Walmart and a tiny little excuse for a mall (four stores, wah!) I took the kids shopping. Ok, Dave drove us and I was on wrangle duty, lol. Duchess got her some toys... Monster High toys and Petshops. Princess got some phone accessories. I looked for some boots but all that was left was size 10. Craptastic luck. But this is also why I have an obsession with my Amazon Prime account. (I may or may not have ordered an even better pair when I got home) and the whole time, Dave was fielding work calls and we swung by to drop off burgers to some of his guys working in the area. All in all, it was a nice LONG day. Good lord but that man makes me laugh. We really had a good time and the kids were fun. I can't believe how fast they are growing.

So since I'm trolling on homework this evening, my sweet studly man makes dinner grilling some steaks. Princess passed me in the hall and says "he's doing it again mom, being weird" so cause I speak teen, I grabbed my phone and stuck my head outside. On the main deck of the house, he's grilling in the dark, since the porch light is at his back and he can't see the meat..... he has a miner's light on his head. I did. I really did. I put that picture on the facebook. I adore that man.

And he's the sweet thing that came over to me and took my remote to change the channel from "You've got mail" which I freaking heart to some wilderness man movie that he can quote along with. Just freaking disappointing..... sigh......