Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Close up Time!

Today was a day I dreaded. My poor traveling children were overdue for a teeth cleaning and Princess had a filling pop out so it was off to the dentist. Previously dental expeditions were all about crying jags, big ole bills and the "orthodontist" talk. So it's not something I have looked forward to in the past. Also since dentist keep banker hours, I usually had to use my organizing skills to arrange time off work, juggle the kids' schedule and then trying to get us all there and back in one piece. In other words, one big ass ole headache.

Today was a gift from God. Thank you sweet Jesus. Duchess no longer needs the "hold my hand" treatment, and let's pretend its because she has so much mommy/daddy time now and feels more comfortable and secure. In reality its probably cause she is gettting older and more mature. But she waved me back and went on back for an xray and cleaning WOM, which stands for WITHOUT HER MOMMY. Big improvement.

Princess did the same, see you later routine. However, she did request my presence when they started to look over the broken filling. Then after we decided what to do, I was dismissed to play on my phone in the reception. Which is why most of you got calls from me this afternoon. I actually had some free time that wasn't wrapped up in school or family drama. :) I try peeps.

However, both girls came out with NO cavities or sugar bugs in mys teeth, as Duchess would tell you. The dentist came out to visit with me. Both girls have a beautiful teeth formation, no crowding, no huge overbites. Both are looking fantastic. Teeth are in healthy shape and they are doing well flossing. All good news. No need for othro yet. It was a huge victory for the mom! Woohooo!

Now, that said. I have mentioned that I'm trying very hard to raise proper little ladies. Well proper little ladies do not pass gas so loud and viscious in the reception area and then giggle out an "excuse me". Peeps, one old man got up and moved to the other side of the room. I was mortified. Are my kids the only ones who think gas is hysterical? I blame their father! And come to think of it, momma you get some of that blame too. If it's not tooting to high heaven, it's Princess' habit of ripping off loud and very very manly burps. Not seriously just burps either, I mean roughneck, redneck loud startling burps. Dear god, I catch myself crossing myself when she scares me and I'm not even Catholic. How do you curb such nonladylike behavior.

That said, I have to go clean the inside of my RV.....