Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Wind is Blowing

Does anyone else feel like the wind is blowing in the wrong direction?

I'm really nervous about the state of our nation. The very basis for all our economics is dwindling. Times they are achanging. Except, I don't notice it anywhere but the news. I'm not seeing the difference in the amount of shoppers at the mall or B&N (where I may or may not have just bought books). People are still buying and that includes me.

I'm having a change of heart.

I'm thinking that a more minimalistic lifestyle might be in order.

Which hurts my heart cause it means no more high heels shoes.

But you know what, if the predictions are right, if we elect someone who has had 3 years of Senate history and put him in charge of the largest most powerful country in the world, which is already having serious economic problems.........are things gonna get worse. Or is there a miracle in the making?

I'm hedging my bets but I do think we're in for worse times. I'm a realist not a dreamer. I don't pull rainbows out of my ears.........

The survivalist that I married who can serious argue the need for land out in the middle of nowhere, stocked with game and a water source..........well he is kinda making sense.

How do you see the wind blowing?