Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, October 20, 2008

oh baby......

When I get stuck taking pictures without my camera, I'm usually using my crackberry. So that explains the sub par pictures, not be confused with the sub par rental.

So today since I had the day off with the kids, I actually had time to go with Duchess to see her in action at karate. Usually I get blow-by-blow from Princess as Duchess goes over from after school care while I'm still at work.

I had no clue what I was missing........
The kid is a tiger. Except, she stops in mid-move to fix her hair, or tidy her gei, or worse, pick her drawers out of her butt, my personal favorite. It is hysterical. If you ever wonder why Duchess gets away with murder, well..........she's the baby..........
And she's cutthroat. I am quite serious. She has no problem kicking you when you're down. This is the same kid who smacked another kid on the playground with her belt cause he was being bad. OMG, did I just admit that outloud. Her excuse? Her reasoning? He was being a turd. And it's not like I hit him hard. I just tapped him, he didn't even cry mom........(and only a FYI: note was sent home, asking me to please not include a belt in her outfits, turns out the kids take them off and use them as whips, swords and snakes....great) OMG......... this is also the same child who when her sister broke apart a double popcicle and offered her 1/4 of the thing, she immediately poked her in the eye with stick. She was 3 when that happened. Except, this kid has something in her that will keep her out of the pen........ The kid has heart.
Tonight when she prayed, holding both mine and Princess' hands........she said this.......

"Heavenly father I thank you for this day. For my friends and family. For my doggie. For my blankey and for my mom. I thank you for dying on the cross for me. Also Lord please let me grow up to be a good adult. I want to be a great mommy like mine. Amen"

I had to leave the room and have myself a good cry.........

I love you too baby.......cause I know deep down, that you get that vindictive steak from your momma.

P.S. Maybe one day I'll explain why you can never wear those cute little pink belts to school anymore sweetie.........