Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, October 12, 2008

Irony

Last night we took the kids on another reward/chore chart treat. Since the nickel arcade was closed, we diverted and took them ice skating.

This is huge because only one person in the family has skated before, Princess. So after an hour and 12 minutes we threw in the towel. Mainly because while Duchess and The Man were holding hands and inching along the edge of the rink, Princess was lapping like a pro and being super cute. Me, well let's just put it this way, my left side has a bruise the size of New Jersey on my hip, my arse is sore, my hands are all red still and my knees are groaning.

Ice skating is not my secret "thing". You know that one thing each person is brilliant at? Well strike another thing off my list, I'll keep looking. But damn I looked good doing it. On the way home, in the freezing cold, the kids were planning our next trip, The Man was thinking of a yearly membership and I was praying for no more ice ever, or snow.

So when I got up to take Murphy out this morning, I really shouldn't have been surprised to see that the first snow of the year has graced my yard. DAMMIT.
Although poor Murphy has no clue what that white stuff is, but he is loving it. He comes back in soaking wet and blissfully happy. Why couldn't he hate the snow? Please? We went out three times this morning without him doing his business at all........picky arse dog.
So I went and woke up The man, who promptly saw and fixed the problem.
So I put green spray paint on my list.......Once it freezes and I can't shovel him out a poop spot, I'm gonna paint him one........

Welcome winter, you mean arse.