Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, October 5, 2008

True Love

Do you ever wonder how much someone might truly love you? Seriously ponder the thought?

Well I have no doubts at all about the Photo-Elusive-Step-Dad of mine.

While chatting with my mother earlier on the phone, I was hosing off my porch and generally prepping my front porch for cold weather when I mentioned that I wanted a fence to sink above my log so that I could drap it with honeysuckle come spring.

She immediately handed to phone to the Photo-Elusive-Step-Dad who reminded me that he was venturing home to Louisiana next month for hunting season at his camp........oh baby......

So I asked him to please stop at any tinkers he passes back home in the woods and see if he could come across a piece of wrought iron decorative fencing or even a gate. As much or as little (preferably much) as possible. I would be a complete person if he succeeded.

He asked exactly what I was looking for........so I told him, you know something old from back home that looks like it belongs on a little old lady's yard or better yet an old cemetary.

He said he'd stop and check out the tinkers he passed but it all else failed, he knew of an old graveyard from the 1700's back in the woods where they might be pieces of fence still standing.

Be still my heart.

This is true love.

And hopefully something like this from my home parish or surrounding areas will be gracing my backyard come spring. Wrapped lovingly in honeysuckle, a little piece of illegal Louisiana beauty keeping Utah bearable.........

True love people.