Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Saturday, October 18, 2008

Dear Jade,

Dear Jade,

I miss you. I am having horrible separation anxiety. I miss everything about you, and frankly my rental car is just sh*t. It can't hold a candle to you.

I should have known that when I took you in for your doctor's appointment (i.e. warranty check up) that you wouldn't be coming home anytime soon. I took you in because Princess broke your back passenger door (let this be a lesson that yes, you can break the door from slamming it too hard), your engine light was on, your nifty sunroof suddently wouldn't work and you had a knocking in the heater. So it was time for a warranty check up.

But because I bought you at a national car chain, my warranty is good anywhere. Thank you Jesus. So I cleaned you out and handed over your keys. I tried not to sniffle as I left you my Kid Rock CD to listen to in the middle of the night, then climbed into The Man's truck where he gave me an endless supply of crap.

Then the call came........during their mandatory inspection, they found your shocks were bad (if you've ever rode anywhere with me, you'll not be surprise by this news), your transmission seal was slightly leaky and you needed roters.

Then the call came that the warranty inspector was coming in to verify you were so sickly. I would be without you for a tad bit longer......so they gave me a rental car.

I should have passed on it when they drove it around to meet me, without hubcaps......what kind of first impression is that? Trashy, that's what, that's like me not wearing a bra! Rude.....

So while my lovely Jade is in the shop, I'm stuck with "sub par" rental.

**Princess asked on our way to the grocery store earlier if we were taking the rental. I replied Heck No! and said we were taking Daddy's truck because the rental was sub par. She then walked by the rental in the garage and patted it, "good sub par".....lol***

So Jade, I'll be thinking of you while I'm forced to drive the tuna can on wheels......with no AC, cloth seats and no Boise stereo......no hubcaps.........no 6 cyclinder.......no guts........

Love
Mommy