Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, September 2, 2010

Simple Pleasures

When it comes down to it, I'm kinda a simple person. I don't need fancy anything. Don't get me wrong, I drool over expensive shoes but own only one pair that actually sit on my bookshelf to make me smile verses wearing them often. I don't own alot of jewelry. Dave has bought all my near and dear nice jewelry...my pearls included...the man has great taste. The jewelry I bought comes from local feed or western stores that have funky, unique homemade stuff from locals on display. I buy all my clothes at nice stores but on the clearance rack or with a coupon. I'm thrifty, simple.

Today I was wondering what I'd do with my self-imposed "me" day I'm taking next week. I'm gonna get my hair touched up at Lance's. Then it's wide open, so here are some thoughts of my mommy time:

- bake a bunch of new recipes with my new found Gluten Free Bisquick (thank you Walmart!)
- go shoot a box of bullets through my Ruger at the range
- sit in B&N's reading books I don't intend to buy while sipping a latte
- prowl through Stein Mart's clearance section for hours, not buying anything as usual

The choices are about as different as Republican and Democrats but they are all things that make me happy.

I will probably choose to take a nap though and not get around to any of those options.

Otherwise, I'm house bound with a Duchess who is out sick with a doozy of a head cold and fever. Yep, you can tell they are back in regular school........damn germs. Poor baby. Poor momma.