Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Friday, July 24, 2015

I'm kinda a mess

So here I sit and look over my work. I know that I have my hands full but as always I have managed to think of a great idea.... and I have to get it out of my head while I can. I've already launched a store so instead of doing the business side of things right now... I'm doing the creative side. I accepted a space in someone else's store and am putting together my own inventory. My way. I have always wanted to refinish furniture and have the room/space and creative lease to do so and so I have. Started that is...

I started with a desk I found that was falling apart. It's now my desk and I'm so freaking proud of the way it turned out! Then I picked up an old wash stand and a vanity. The vanity is done and ready for waxing and I started the first coat on the wash stand tonight. I can't tell you how good it feels to wash the paint and wax and saw dust off my hands at night before bed. We are making some crafts to go in there as well and I'm designing a line of shirts.... because I can. I pray that I'm not in over my head and if I am, well we will see how it goes. If I fail, I'll end up with some cool stuff out of it for myself. :) The sky is the limit.

So homeschool is going well. Chemistry is a rough start for her but she's getting there. English is going well. She's adjusted well to homeschooling again and I love that she's in complete control of her schedule. I don't have to remind her to do her work... she gets up and gets on the work at some point each day. She plans her day around what she has to do for each class. The drive is her, not me. Thankfully!

Both girls are currently awaiting results of a celiac test. Praying for God's will but it would be an answer to various ailments that don't go away.

Dave and Max are working hard as usual. Thank goodness for Facetime!