Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, September 16, 2010

What Won't Kill You...

Will slowly drive you insane....you can quote me on that if you need to.....



So this week as been a handful. Duchess made her first "F" cause turns out she gets really anxious and freaky when there is a timed math test. Bang head on wall! So mom has been doing math drills and trying to help her get past this sudden fear. I'm such a showoff, I love tests and timed stuff cause it's just another way of showing my stuff so I'm working hard to relate to this, my poor kiddo.



The brand new floor in my new house is buckling. Started a month ago, so my sweet landlord has been keeping an eye on it. Well yesterday he popped over to check it out. We found moisture/water damage on the subflooring and the beginnings of white mold. HOLY CRAP. So I now have two industrial hepa filters and dehumidifiers going round the clock. Today his crew is under my house digging french drains and putting down moisture resistant plastics then who knows what else to stay on top of this drama. Poor Dave, I had to call with this kind of news while he is busting his butt up in a northern state (yankee country y'all) completing this assignment while doing school work and paperwork for the next assignment.



I'm eyeballing jobs, part time at this point cause there is only so much cleaning/grocery shopping and laundry to do....I've started watching daytime tv....this is NOT good peeps.


I had a lovely argument...I mean talk with my doctor. Turns out that I'm a walking mess. Seriously, a mess. My blood sugar is too LOW. Ummm, how is that possible? I eat a ton of sweets, carbs, and protein....like that is all I eat. So I'm being monitered for that. My cholesterol was too high so I'm now on meds for it, that makes me want to jump out the window of my car peeps. Seriously don't I take enough freaking pills? Turns out though that my hormones are great so there! Hah! No moody....menopause bitchy crazy woman for me....I seriously told everyone who suggested it that those are my nature personality qualities but no one listens to me. I'm also excited to say that since my surgery I have lost and KEPT OFF 22.5 lbs. Turns out the doc was right and I'm so much healthier after my hysterectomy. Yeah!!!! So I'm 7 lbs from being the weight I was at my wedding. I can't tell you how exciting that is to me. Except my shape has changed, let's just blame the kids for that proportional issue, shall we?

Lastly, I have a lesson for you all. If you work in a highly secure area....please leave all weapons and ammo at home. For someone who carries a handgun everywhere with her, this one is hard for me to remember but Dave will remember now. Last night, his truck was searched at the facility he's working at.....the dog smelled gunpowder. Turns out, he had a box of 22 shells for my kids rifle under his back seat.......luckily they were super cool about it. And very happy to say that he'd left his handgun back at the rv. Bless his heart, when he texted me I seriously couldn't breathe.......good lord!

Well on that note, I'm gonna go sear a roast before putting it in the crock pot for dinner then I have an accounting test. Oh excuse me, a financial management class. Same damn thing. Sigh.