Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Tuesday, September 28, 2010

So I Threw Up

I have this thing for shoes......I think that is a well documented fact. Another horrible confession is my love of purses. I collect them and unless they are seriously worn I keep them (until Dave sees the full purse box and makes me weed some out).

I love purses from expensive designers, I love purses from feed stores, I love purses from the clearance rack at JC Penneys. I'm totally not prejudice from where my purses come from. However, I like a purse that is a little odd, a little distinctive, some might say a little ugly but I have my own style.

So this weekend, while my girl was visiting we were talking purses and I told this story....

I have been given my four most expensive purses. I didn't personally buy them, cause I'm so dang frugal that I have a hard time parting with alot of money for a purse, even if I do lust after them. The problem is that my purse fetish has become kinda of well known fact.

The King Ranch purse: purchased by the husband for my anniversary one year. Cause he knows me, and spoils me. I still carry it.

The Brighton bag: a parting gift from the board of directions I served when we got military orders to take us out of state. Gorgeous purse, still looks brand new, still carry it.

The Michael Kors purse: passed to me via a girlfriend who didnt' care for the color....it's the one I'm carrying now.

However it's the last one that made me sick, seriously!

Two years ago, the VP that was one of my supervisors went overseas on vacation with his wife. A few short weeks later, wife came into the office handing out sweet little bags of candles and goodies to everyone. Except me. She smiled, hugged me and left me a box. I opened it and about died. It was a great knockoff version of a Louis Vuitton purse. The VP and his wife made my day just by thinking of me but I haven't really carried it because it looks a little dainty to carry my gun around with me.

Except when my girl was here, she and I were talking bags and I mentioned this one. She pulled it out of the top of my closet and examined it. Then looked up the serial number from the inside of bag.

It's a real Louis Vuitton bag.

That's sat for 2 years in my closet.

I moved it to the safe.

Crickey!