Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Busy Beavers

We literally make lists of things we want to accomplish when Dave is home. Being that there are some things we prefer to do together as a unit I'm sure this is understandable even if that sounds very very pervy.

So we have run just about all the crazy weird errands, like renewing all his truck tags, getting him a new tire and etc plus we managed to get the whole kids' thing going.

One of the main reasons we decided to settle back into regular life was to allow the kids' their activities. Both of my girls seem to be better behaved and get better grades when they are busy beavers. The fuller their schedules, the better they do. So I'm filling the gap with things they love.

We start piano lessons next week.....we....cause I'm taking too, giddy little laugh. Very excited that Princess' favorite youth director will be coming over to the house every week to give us lessons.

The girls also start this week in tumbling/cheer. Princess is one level (actually one handstand away) away from the cheer team so I anticipate that soon. Duchess is a beginner tumbler so here we go.

Add this to the church activities and the AR reading goals Dave/I have upped....and the homework/studying /guidance/help we give them after school and we are pleasantly busy. Not slam packed full but just busy enough to eliminate boredom and time for little girl attitudes. Woohoo.

Very blessed that Dave is amazing. Very blessed that he encourages me to continue to stay home and be as involved in my kids' lives as I currently am. Oh and that he encouraged me to take piano lessons with my kids, cause I've always wanted to know how to play.

So with a skip in my step, I'm off to finish dinner, laundry, listening to Duchess read her AR book aloud while smiling the whole time.

Blows my mind that I'm so completely content and happy without working right now. Never thought I'd end up right where I am.

Now excuse us, while we go Griswald the hell out of the rest of his time home! Cause that's how we roll.