Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, July 14, 2013

Update, cause I promised

I'm sitting here pouting. Dave is being mean to me. This is my future record of his meanness. :) The turd is laughing hysterically at me. We are watching "Identity Theft" while I'm letting my hair dry. I'll get back to the hair later. Now, I typically have movie ADD. I have it really hard to sit through an entire movie without wandering around, taking a nap, a bath, or something else. Cause I'ma weirdo. However as I sit here on my computer doing a million things at once, he's watching this movie. I'm in and I'm out. Then the scene with the snake in the woods. OMGawd. I screamed and screamed and screamed and screamed. And realized that Dave was laughing and laughing and laughing and laughing. At me. Apparently my reaction to the stupid movie was funnier than the movie. So I'm pouting. Although he did swear that if a snake bites me in the neck, he'd suck that shit out. I asked him to just shoot me. Good lord.

This has been an eventful summer. June was full of softball. I did manage to see the entire state of Montana while watching my baby play ball. Then this month I sent my babies to the family. My inlaws got two weeks of Griswald little girl. Since Dave was unable to do with us on the road trip down there.... he was smarticales and flew us down there. Yeah, apparently he could see me driving across country with two kids and taking forever to do so. Said something about antique malls and the worlds biggest ball of twine. The man has serious insight into me doesn't he?

We managed to find flights. However, we had a six hour layover in Denver. Sweet plastic baby Jesus on the dashboard. That was a long ass layover. We really had nothing to do. Like nothing. We had phones and earbuds. After a quick lunch, we entertained ourselves riding escalators and the running walkways. Then we needed to charge our phones. We found a plugin next to a payphone by a bank of windows. We made camp. We had several lap blankets, two hoodies, and we set up a nice little camp. It was wonderful. We napped and we enjoyed the time to catchup and play silly games. It was fun just chilling with my babies.

I dropped the sweeties in Tulsa then the next day I boarded a plane for a retreat in Florida with M. Except due to some excellent shitty weather, I got detoured in Atlanta. I'm not a huge fan of Atlanta and if you are or if you live there, good luck! That airport was ghetto-fabulous. Packed, narrow, and no employees anywhere. I wound up running down a bike cop (seriously a fucking bike, cop?) and getting directions. Dave is the MAN. One frantic call from me and from across the country he arranges me a room in a town full of cancelled flights and booked hotels. He even calls for the shuttle. The room was great. The view of the airport and weather. A portly kind shuttle driver drove me to eat somewhere and then I had a nice bath. It worked out fine.

Florida was EPIC. Total girl's weekend. Beach. Friends. BBQ. Shopping. Laughing. I came home centered and ready to move into a new chapter.

Except I had to fucking get home first. My flight out of Florida was delayed 30 minutes. Which meant I had to run to catch my first connection in Houston. I ran like a crack whore running from her pimp through IAH. I made my flight. Barely. So barely in fact that they gave away my good seat and I had a shitty seat as I barely beat the door closing. Denver again. Denver was nice. This time I had several hours so I managed to eat and then charge my phone. What are the odds that of all the flights that go through Denver that I would have the very same gate that we'd went out a week earlier? Well I beat those odds. I really should have bought a lotto ticket that night. Anyway, I get to my Montana location. Now, this is not where I live. Nope. I live several hours in the middle of nowhere. Several hours. So literally I flew in and Dave was to pick me up and drive me home. Except, he's swamped due to some weather issues (hint: hail) and the flooding so his thoughtful amazing husband self got me an amazing hotel room. I swear this man has a hotel genie in his arsenal. (actually, an awesome sweet travel lady that we use, she is amazeballz with hotels) I had a room like I've never had before. Pics one day. I'm ghetto like that too. I took a shitballz load of pics. I totally had them bring me up a razor and shaving cream and a comb. They happily did it , at midnight, when I checked in. Good night. The tub was huge. The bed was awesome. The pillows were heaven. The den and sofa was enjoyable to look at but I did stretch my clothes out on them. Oh and breakfast the next morning? I called Dave, lol. Oh dear it was insane. Turns out that there was a private dining room and you sat down and tell the nice lady who appears out of nowhere and scares the utter shit of you what you want for breakfast. So looking around and seeing no food. I asked "eggs? sausage? juice?" yeah, she went and apparently made that crap. Ummm okay. (note: we seriously paid Motel 6 rates for this room thx to hotel lady) oh and when I got up to leave and bused my own table, she was pissed. lol. crap, guess I should have tipped. Just thought about it. Anyway, I get to the airport ready to jump on a little commuter plane and fly home to Dave and Murphy.

Except, I get checked in and I'm sitting watching the Zimmerman trial on tv when a sweet lady in a uniform approaches me. They cancelled my farking flipping ucking flight due to mechanical issues. Seriously? The next flight was later that night. I called Dave. Pissed. Then camped out and prepared to wait another six hours in an airport. Lord help me I was sad. lol. Dave called. Again, he saved the day. Seriously, this man treats me amazing and I have no clue why I deserve this. He is the best evah. He was like, take a cab to the mall. Shop, watch a movie, get a pedi.... find something to do, I'm on the way to get you. He drove all that way to pick me up cause he was "worried that my luck had run out with planes" lol. I missed that face of his.

I really enjoyed my trip away but man oh man, I was so happy to snuggle in my bed with Murphy at my feet and Dave holding my hand in his sleep. (Which is way cute until he rolls over and drags me with him in his sleep and traps me under him in a way and my shit goes to sleep and gets all tingly and painful. Cause then I start thinking about chewing my arm off. But I've learned to tickle him and he'll let me go, still deep asleep, lol)

Funniest thing ever though, coming home to a clean house. He was so cute pointing out all the stuff he'd cleaned before I got home. All the same stuff I'd cleaned before I left, lol. I didn't point out that he'd simply cleaned up behind himself. Luv that man.

I'm blessed. I don't have a perfect life but man between my man, my kids, my family, and my friends, I'm a very blessed girl.

Who is peeling badly around the cleveage area..... is that normal? Nasty.