Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, September 19, 2010

What A Blessing:

Today has just rocked from the ground up!

After trying a couple of local churches in our new small Texas hometown, we finally threw our hands in the air and drove the 45 miles one way to the church that had captured our hearts when we were RV-ing down here before summer. It was like coming home. I learned so much from the sermon and during praise and worship while swaying to the beat, I was digging through my bible to mark the verses we'd use in the upcoming sermon, I was literally hit upside the head by a verse that really hammered home everything I'd been strugging with this week. It was def a moving moment!

We had a nice lazy afternoon and then Princess mowed the parts of the front and side yard not covered with dirt from the yard re-leveling my landlord man is doing (come spring I'd better have a heckava nice yard!). Duchess loaded the dishwasher and push-broomed the house. I tidied up and started laundry. Then the girls cleaned out my car. Now, we're making chicken and dumplins (THANK YOU GLUTEN-FREE BISQUICK) and doing family reading time before bed.

What a perfect day to start my week.

I'm so very blessed.