Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Getting Dirty........

So in our attempt to finish our backyard.......we bought a dump truck full of dirt. It was alot of freaking dirt. So we stood out there and admired it, until the news came on and said hey, gonna rain this week. OMG, instead of a mound of dirt, we'll have a hard hard mound of muddy dirt.
So The Man put us to work. We received our delivery at 7:30 p.m. and by 8:30, even the kids were in on it. Bucket fulls and shoveling. We needed a bobcat but we didn't have one lined up since we weren't going to spread the dirt until Thursday. No such luck.
So fresh from her bath, Duchess jumped at the chance to get a little dirty.

Notice all the neighbors out and about. Not one offered to help. But they did all , at one point or another come stand in their driveways and watch.
We lucked out when we bought this house. The only part not finished was the very back yard. Thank you, corner lot HOA regulations. So since our house takes up most of our lot, we only had a little bit of yard to work on. But it's big enough to be a pain in my arse. I'm glad we bought a rambler though, cause those two stories bad boys..........just more yard.
See how color coordinated my girls are. That comes naturally, from me......lol But they were great little helpers. Until they decided to abandon us and watch movies. In between shots I was actually working, just FYI
That is a big ole pile of dirt.
By 10:30 p.m., I was sneezing dirt, drinking dirt with my tea. Inhaling dirt with my ciggie. And I had just given up on shoes. But between my "little' help and The Man we were done. He'd basically man handled the entire pile. It was gone. Spread out nicely through my yard. I'm loving it. Except, we need more. And I have to go pick out a log today.........I'll explain the log later, lol.