Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, August 14, 2008

Welcome Murphy

Murphy joined our family today. Besides being the utter love of my life. He's beautiful, trouble and blue eyed......he's perfect. He's also The Man's anniversary gift for me since he plans to spend our actual anniversary in the woods, as it's opening day of deer season. He's forgiven.
Murphy is 7lbs, 8 weeks old, and again, the love of my life........When I got the call that The Man was bringing me the perfect dog, I called my mom and we met him at the local pet store to get supplies.....my mom loves her newest grandbaby.
The girls agree that Murphy is perfect in every way. Except I keep losing him in my house. We've spent most of the evening on our hands and knees looking under stuff for him. He's fun.
He also likes to eat my rugs, but who cares........aren't my boys adorable? Ahhhhhh..... makes me forget about stress weeks at work, karate tourneys, log deliveries, the crack smoking fence people who think they want me to pay 4k for a stupid fence.......yep, The Man brought a much needed smile to my face.
So after all the drama, guess what I did. I sat out in the grass while little man sniffed around, went potty and made friends with a stick. I found myself curling my toes in the thick grass that needs a serious mow and weed-eat, just enjoying some time with Murphy. Then I told my girls that just cause Murphy chewed wood chips didn't mean they could.....monkey see, monkey do.

Welcome home little boy. Now there is more testosterone in my house, just what I needed.