Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Pre-Dating Prep

The Man has enrolled both girls into karate. He calls this the beginning of their pre-dating boot camp of preparations. He is kinda narrow minded at times, but we love him.

So both girls participated in a kick-a-thon tourney this past weekend. This is why I wasn't on my internet, I'm sorry. It's not my fault, I should totally have my own wireless card.
Duchess is pretty involved. She likes to yell and scream but otherwise she kicks like a girl and bites like a crocodile........(name that song? Anybody? I'll post it later) So most of her class time is play time and not very serious. Cause she's not a serious kinda girl at all......
Really, even though she totally looks serious here, it's only cause she was kicking her sister. But Duchess managed to kick over 100 kicks. She got an award for it.
Princess has got her some strong legs. Seriously strong legs. She is very focused and is already planning her acceptance speech for when she gets her first Olympic medal in karate. She's been going for three weeks. Except my baby has no form. Her form, it needs work.
And she giggles. No body can kick a giggler............wait a minute, scratch that. But she managed over 100 kicks as well. And to top it off, the kid got an invite to a tourny to compete in form. Gonna need alot of form work in the next month to get that kiddo ready. Me? I'll be there rooting her on, with my book and my drink and my shoes tucked neatly beneath my chair. I'm all about support!!!!!
Finally, we've found something they both love. Except now I'm not sure how the heck I'm gonna juggle ballet with this too? And choir? Oh Lord, help me now......

Next time The Man has a great idea...........I'm leaving him in charge of scheduling the results.