Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, March 12, 2012

Mischief

I have time on my hands now that I'm happily at home. So I exercise, I dance in my undies to my loud ass inappropriate music (thank goodness we live in the boonies), I research recipes and work on new gluten free recipes, I clean my house and do projects, I paint horrible artwork, I keep my legs shaved, and I send inappropriate texts to my friends pretty much all day.

But recently I had the opportunity to do a little MORE. Last Friday on our usual skiing expedition, the kids were out happily eatting up the last of the season's snow. Me? Well I was hanging out with my Idaho friend. I was adopted by a quirky funny as shit chick when I moved here. Her kiddo was instrumental in helping Princess feel at home the first week and well it was over as soon as she sent me a text that read: "need your facebook addy, want to stalk you before I invite your kid over"... I mean really, how can you not appreciate the utter honesty? She, like alot of my good but few friends, know to pull, yank and blackmail me to get out of the house often even if I am kidnapped in my jammies. So it shouldn't surprise you when I say that we were rednecking at the ski lodge. See off to the side of the bunny hill there is a ridge where you back your truck or jeep in if you're smart, the kids can literally ski right up to your feet. So there we were all camped out. We had our beach chairs (yeah shut up, they were perfect for the beach in Texas), a cooler of food for the kiddos, drinks stuck around us in the snow to stay cold. Blankets for the kids and best of all, the back hatch of my jeep open and pandora blaring music. The other people were just jealous that we thought of it first, lol. (I'm so sure that's what they thought, lol).

 The "incident" occured midmorning when it hit above 30 and the sun was shining. See beach chairs don't do well on ice and the snow was quickly becoming ice in the area around us. Since I had been firmly planted in my seat, my chair was sunk down a little. Keeping me stationary. However my girl over there had gotten up several times to move her chair around to try and get some sun. Snicker. So she finally plants herself and then it happened. Her chair starts sliding in the middle of her talking. She slid about 3 feet and wound up next to me begging for help to get out of the low sitting beach chair. I instead grabbed the video camera. I suck.

I video tapped her entire journey to finally crawl out of the chair as it threatened to slide down the mountain with her in it. I was laughing and snorting the entire time. I really suck.

Even better, I brought it home and editted it. Slow-mo-ing some of the best parts...... and added "Bad to the Bone" as the theme intro music.

It's gotten 53 hits on youtube since I posted it already. And it's set to private, LMAO.

I truly suck. ;)