Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, May 10, 2012

Truck Griswalding Continues Day 2

Today I have my last truck appointment for the time being, gotta get those adjustable pedals fixed. Cause when you're a wee bit short like me and you drive a big ass truck, well you need to be able to reach the pedals. And hello sweet baby, my truck has adjustable pedals. Which don't work. The fireman I bought my truck from was Dave's height so it wasn't a concern for him..... ummmm I'm tired of driving on my tippy toes looking like Jack Nicholson in As Good As It Gets... you know the car scene where he scoots the seat so far forward that he's hunched over it with the wheel digging into his gut. Yeah. Ouch. Not that my gut is anywhere near as large as his! But I digress, sorry.

So my mechanic took forever trying to figure it out and it turns out, according to him I needed a motor for the brake assembly. Ummm, okay. Since mechanics upcharge 60+% on parts, I went straight to the dealer to buy my own damn part (why yes, I'm frugal... you say cheap, I say yes). They pulled the schematics and while looking it over with them I realized that the brake assembly has no motor, nope the brake assembly has a freaking gearbox over it. Not a motor. The motor is on the pedal assembly and is connected to the brake with a cable. Houston we have a problem. Sooooooo, Ford is getting the expensive honor of putting my part in. Cause frankly, at least they had a clue about what they were doing. Fun stuff I tell you.

Interesting note, Dave and I drive Fords now. Period, end of story. Princess's first truck? Will be a Ford. Why? After all the bailouts, Dave was impressed that Ford was the only auto company to not take government monies. Hence, we be Ford people now. Democratics we are NOT. I don't believe in spreading money around like that..... but that's another soapbox for another day.

In fact, while I"m waiting on my truck, me and another highly conservative Repub friend are going to lunch! So laters baby.