Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, April 9, 2007

I can't help myself...

There are days, everyone has them I know, where you just have to throw a tantrum. Sometimes this may be in the middle of Wal-Mart, personally I love doing it there, people just move out of your way for the rest of your shopping trip. Then there are times when it may be at home. However, I seem to have a thing for restrooms.

Public restrooms.

At work, I make it a policy to never scream, yell, curse (okay, ya got me there), throw things, belittle or bite. However, I will make an exception. All the above is totally okay, if it's in the confines of a bathroom.

So after having a very very late morning, where The Man turned off my alarm by accident and I awoke precisely at the time I should have been leaving, I managed to stumble into work.

Except when venturing into the ladies room before my big ole long Monday meeting, I bump into the cleaning lady. Who was wearing an ipod, drinking coffee and gingerly swiping at the corners with a duster. She backed straight into me and spilt coffee all over me, then in broken spanglish she told me to watch where I was going.....rudely and then turned her back on me.

It's on. First off, I looked like crap enough without big ole coffee stains all down my jeans. Secondly, she was taller than me and bigger and couldn't hear me cause she had the ipod of very very loud.

So I proceeded to call her everything I could think of and then remind her to watch where she was going. (this took awhile, I know lots of names, in three languages, what I was married to a sailor and I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo not perfect)

Then she looked back, surprised to see me still there and rolled her eyes at me. So I did it, I took her duster and marched over and stuck it in the toilet. Then I flushed and marched out on a full steam of indignation.

Three hours later, feeling much better about the whole thing, I ventured down the hall where the "incident" may have occurred. Upon opening the bathroom door, I could hear the same cleaning lady telling the facilities manager about the incident.......

My first thought is wow, took her three hours to tattle. Then I realized that perhaps returning to the scene of the crime wasn't smart. So I left.

I can't return to that bathroom again.

However, the good news is according to office gossip, one crazy Anglo woman went ballistic on a cleaning lady and such. A really grungy looking woman with wild eyes and greasy hair.

I can't be late again ever, if anyone ever sees me without my morning grooming, the gig is up.