Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Friday, March 30, 2012

Even My Panties are on Vacation

So after two full days of air travel, we finally got to Texas. My daddy is recovering my neck surgery poor thing so we are here in full support. Basically to entertain him, lol. But the flights, good lord.....

First off, we had a roughneck try and bully Princess from her aisle seat into a window seat. He met the mama bear and the airline put his ass in a different part of the plane. Like I'm gonna let my 13 year old daughter move between a huge guy and a window where I can't see her. Please, I flipped my shit.

Then waiting to board one of our six flights, we were crowded into a terminal like sardines. Fun times. Except Princess was trying to pull her ipod out of her carryone, and managed to pull it up over her head to yank free her headphones. She somehow slammed her ipod right into this dude's face. He was standing right behind us and was apparently like 6'6. Right to the nose shot! Poor guy laughed it off and promised to get out of her bubble if she'd not hurt him again.

Which worked, Duchess was settling into her middle seat, and kept handing me her carry on. Which I kept handing back. So she stands up and slams the carryon on the top of the seat in front of her to steady herself before trying to shove it under the seat. The same guy Princess whacked. He turns around and with a big smile says "they you are, I was wondering". Poor Duchess about melted through the floor. lol.

Deplaning, he stopped us to wish us a good trip. Poor bastard.

But as we hit Texas ground and met up with my momma, who my kids were hanging off like decorations on her cajun tree.... I laid out on the tile. I was exhausted. I hate flying, it's official. I really really hate flying.

I hate airports too, cause when that plane finally burped up my luggage I was sitting back a ways with mom while Princess was stalking the line. And when I saw her mobilize, and then saw a ton of other people bending over and handing her brightly colored things...... well I kinda figured that things were going downhill. Aaaaaaaaand I was right, cause SOMEHOW my zipper busted and all my Victoria's Secrets non-secrets were spilt all over everyone else's luggage. Those and my cowboy boots had jumped ship out of my bag and was running around and around.

Seriously, this shit only happens to me.