Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Wednesday, March 14, 2012

At Least I'm Not Stuck in a Thai Prision

When things are hectic and insane, I have a little habit of reminding myself that at least I'm not stuck in a thai prision with a purple bra strapped over my shirt singing "Like A Virgin". Cause that just strikes me as rock bottom. Cause #1 I really dislike Madonna and #2 you wouldn't catch my ass wearing a purple bra.... finally #3 there is no way in hell I'd ever go willingly to Thailand. I'm more of a carribean dreaming kind of girl although I kinda have a sneaky suspicion that Dave will wind up talking me into cruising to Alaska to bear watch in a parka before I get a chance to stroll my ass stuffed in a bikini on a hawt beach somewhere along with southern hemisphere. Fun times but that seems to be my life. And frankly, I have a serious problem saying no to Dave so yeah I can so seeing that happening.

Anywho, baring a pervvy stay in a Thai prision this day could really just end now allowing for some much needed sleep. The last two days have been a sleepless wandering around the house event, poor Murphy is exhausted as he has a habit of following me around the house after dark, he worries about mommy. Which means, he ain't sleeping either.... well he's catching up on his during the day whereas I'm SOL.

This morning was fun, the kids got to sleep in a little. We then headed into the larger city, nice drive in the rain... the kids had their ortho consults today. Poor Princess has it the worst, but even hers isn't as bad as I thought. She's getting braces next month for a fun filled 18 month ride. Although she should enter high school ready to go smile wise. Duchess is simply needing an extender and then a retainer so she got off the luckiest. Me? I'm exhausted from the whole process although I totally love the doc and his wife, so sweet and from TEXAS no less. I'm apparently collecting Texans whereever I go.

Now I'm sitting here reviewing notes and my syllabus for my new class. International Business. Yeah baby. No less than six papers plus course/class work. First paper due next week, I'm starting it tonight. I have this thing where I have to be a week ahead in my school or else I freaking-the-OCD-out. I'm weird. I know this. It's okay too, I'm comfortable with myself. But yeah, this is gonna be a challenge.

So good lord, even though it's crazy as usual around here.... it could be worse..... Madonna, yuck.