Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, March 19, 2012

And I Giggled, alot...

Life is busy. I'm a mom whose husband travels alot right now so I have my hands full with raising two kids, keeping them from beating the hell out of each other in a restaurant after church (today), keeping up on their lives, friends, social engagements and grades. I'm very hands on. I'm doing my dream job right now (if you don't count the farking laundry, geez).

I laugh, don't get me wrong... but noone and I do mean noone makes me giggle but Dave. I hate it and I love it all at the same time. I'm too old to giggle and blush like a kid, but somehow I manage and he freaking has to point it out each and every time. I should lose IQ points for that really. He's swamped and juggling two different positions at work right now and I'm juggling our life... so we talk alot but some nights we just talk and talk and talk and it gets silly. And I giggle. And when I do, I feel like 20 lbs are lifted off my shoulders.

I love the hell out of my guy. He's a 10 and yeah he's right.... there are few things in life that are a 10.

I'm a happy person by nature I think, but I'm happier now than I have been in a very long time. Maybe all the ingredients are there, who knows why... but I'm keeping it.

So when my friends send me completely inappropriate texts and I burst out laughing in the pharmacy line where everyone turns and stares like I'm an idiot (today), or when the kids and I go see a local production of Grease and during intermission, Princess grabs my hand and jerks me out of my seat and we jitterbug in front of 300 people to the oldies music blaring (last week), or even when I fall down and hurt myself and make my friend pee her pants laughing at me (last week)... I laugh alot and loudly.

But he gets the giggles.

10!