Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Saturday, March 17, 2012

Song Memory #47

Watching a movie with the girls (duh new Footloose) and there's a cute song "Fake ID". It's country hip/hop cute. But the lyrics, hysterical. Cause it's my song memory #47. You see once upon a time... there was a concert near my hometown that I was dying to go see. Problem was.... I was underage to get into the facility. Another problem.... it was in a GASP**** BAR *****GASP. My moral Southern Baptist upbringing was in direct conflict with being inside a bar.

Now let's be real for about four point three seconds.... now I'm a grown girl, I know that praying on Friday for the things a body would do on Saturday night then show up in the congregation on Sunday morning is also in the doctrine, lol.

But back then, I was half convinced that God would strike me dead for crossing the threshold of a BAR. However, I seriously wanted to go to this concert. So since back in the boonies of my home turf, there wasn't such things as Fake ID's, we had to resort to Duplicate ID's. Meaning you found someone a little older (legal age) than you who resembled you.... and they "lost" their license and got a dup. You paid them the cost of the dup and bingo, you had an ID. I'm sure it don't work this way anymore but hell I'm old, so there you go.

So I borrowed such an ID from a friend. We shared the same hair color, close enough. So I compromised that night.... since I was going to a BAR, I wore a turtleneck, appropriate jeans, and boots. Heaven forbid I get caught by somebody my momma knew at a BAR looking trashy.... yeah didn't think that through so much huh? But I used my "fake ID" that night to see David Allen Coe in concert. He was hysterical. And drunk.... which means it was a great show. I'm completely convinced that the man sober would be a horrible show.

That said, this is why I'll be accompanying my girls to concerts they want to see... head things off at the pass. lol.....

Oh and for the record, I was home by 11 pm that night. Cause I'm a good girl and all.